New to the Slovak market are “virtual office” services, designed for businesses from both inside and outside Slovakia that have to guarantee a fully functional company registered office for their commercial activities, including accepting and handling of mail.
A “virtual office” service consists of both establishing a registered office and accepting and handling mail for the company.
Establishing a registered office for a commercial company
Each commercial company recorded in either the Commercial Register or Trade Register of the Slovak Republic must have an established registered office, i.e. a mailing address marked with the commercial name of the company, where mail is supposed to be accepted and handled. A company’s registered office is traditionally real estate either rented or owned by the commercial company. A less expensive alternative to the traditional registered office mentioned above is a seat that in most countries abroad is known as a “virtual residence”.
A company’s seat, i.e. registered office, is understood to mean a mailing address recorded in either the Commercial Register or Trade Register of the Slovak Republic, pursuant to the written consent of person who owns the real estate (§ 2, par. 3 of the Commercial Code).
The advantage of a registered seat is that a commercial company does not have to be either the owner or tenant of property to record a registered office in either the Commercial Register or the Trade Register of the Slovak Republic, significantly decreasing a company’s costs in regard to establishing and, specifically, maintaining the company’s registered office. A commercial company thus has neither rent expenses nor property tax to pay.
On the other hand, it is necessary to consider that establishing a company’s registered seat does not give the commercial
company the right to use the property it has established its registered seat in. The registered seat is exclusively used for the
purpose of registering the company in either the Commercial Register or the Trade Register of the Slovak Republic.
Accepting, handling and sending the commercial company`s mail
On the other hand, it is necessary to consider that establishing a company’s registered seat does not give the commercial company the right to use the property it has established its registered seat in. The registered seat is exclusively used for the purpose of registering the company in either the Commercial Register or the Trade Register of the Slovak Republic.
In the traditional form of a commercial company’s registered office (either in rented or owned real estate), receiving and handling of mail is generally ensured by designated employees at the commercial company. The advantage of a “virtual office” is that receiving and handling mail is ensured for a commercial company by a business partner, practically eliminating the high costs of a commercial company to have its own employees who would be otherwise required in order to receive mail (salary, contributions and cash expenses). The business partner at the earliest convenience sends mail received to the post office address the commercial
Supplying "virtual office" services at the law office
Our law office offers entrepreneurs from both inside and outside Slovakia a package of “virtual office” services to the following extent:
- Establishing a registered seat of the commercial company directly at the law office at 949 01 Nitra, Štefánikova 15 for a definite or indefinite period of time. The company’s registered seat is established pursuant to a written contract concluded between the law office and the commercial company.
- Preparing and filing documents necessary for recording the registered seat in either the Commercial Register or Trade Register of the Slovak Republic, including legal representation by our law office in these procedures.
- Indicating real estate where the registered seat is established with the company’s commercial name, including mailbox.
- Uninterrupted acceptance and handling of mailings addressed to the commercial company by the law office’s qualified staff. Mail is accepted and received during working days throughout the calendar year. All mail received is transparently recorded in the company’s mail register.
- Immediate forwarding of mail received to the company’s contact address. The contact address is any mailing address the commercial company defines either inside or outside the Slovak Republic. Mail will send unopened if it is indicated as confidential.
- Informing the commercial company on mail delivered through e-mail.
- Free legal advice for the commercial company. The law office will also provide commercial companies involved in the “virtual office” service package with free legal advice over the telephone, by e-mail, fax, SKYPE or in person at the law office. Legal services can also be provided in English or German.
The price for the “virtual office” service package is determined by an agreement between the law office and the commercial